Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center
Same Day Surgery
Same Day Surgery at Mann-Grandstaff VAMC
Your Surgery Service is staffed by some of the most skilled surgeons, nurses and health techs in the nation using some of the latest in technology. Our focus on patient safety is our top priority.
Here's some information you need to know regarding your surgery:
If you do not have a ride, or someone to stay with you after surgery, please make arrangements with your surgery case manager before the day of surgery.
- Don't bring your medication, bring a list;
- Any medications you bring will be sent to pharmacy and mailed back to your home;
- Do not bring valuables, jewelry, or money over $20.00 to the hospital—we cannot be responsible for your belongings;
- Bring your VA or photo ID to pick up your prescriptions
FAMILY AND PATIENTS
- Please be patient. The time involved for surgical procedures is unique to each patient. Safety for each surgery is our main concern;
- The staff will try to keep you informed of any delays. If you have concerns, feel free to contact any staff for an update.
- Call your case manager, primary care, or the response center if you show signs of infection—redness or heat at the surgical site, fever, swelling, or non-clear drainage;
- Eating bland, non-spicy foods is recommended. Drink plenty of fluids, and avoid alcohol for the first 24 hours after surgery to prevent nausea and help with a full recovery;
- You may have a sore throat. This is caused by having a tube placed there to help you breathe during surgery. This will clear in a few days. Drinking clear liquids will help soothe this.
Bldg 1, 6th floor
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm